Friday, September 21, 2012

Review: The Story of Us


The Story of Us
The Story of Us by Deb Caletti

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This book really perplexed me. I was hoping for more. I've now read 4 books by Ms Caletti, loved two, and a big "meh" on the other twp. Sadly this was a "meh".

Like Indigo Skye by the same author most of the characters in this book were shadows, cardboard cutouts, or right out of central casting. Not real to the reader in any way, and you didn't really care all that much about them. There was nobody in this book that I liked, or disliked enough to make it interesting.

I find this perplexing because in her books Stay and The 6 Rules of Maybe it was completely opposite. This woman can really write, but seemingly only when the mood strikes her. In between she just churns out passionless formulaic drek. It makes me something less than excited to grab another one of her works.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment