Thursday, November 15, 2012

Review: Under Her Skin


Under Her Skin
Under Her Skin by Alexis Lauren

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



This book started with an interesting idea, one I thought I would like. However the author needs to work on her craft quite a bit. First off, I lost count of the cliche phrases in the first few dozen pages. Lots and lots of cliche phrases lifted from other stories. Also, every plot-line punch was so well telegraphed that it was hardly worth trudging through the cliche swamp to get there. Interestingly as the book went on the cliches lessened and the punches were less telegraphed.

This is an author I think that with a good editor, and with some practice might turn out some good stuff. so far it needs a lot of work. The skeleton of the story was quality, but the workmanship in telling it left a lot to be desired.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment