Thursday, July 12, 2012

Review: Point of Retreat


Point of Retreat
Point of Retreat by Colleen Hoover

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I'm trying to figure out what to say about this book. First off I loved, really loved the first book in this series. One of the best books I have read in many years. Truly great. Much to my surprise, I think this book is even better. Perhaps because I am male the male POV spoke to me more. Perhaps it was because I was already fully invested emotionally in the characters in these books. It seemed so very real from start to finish.

Ms. Hoover is a force to be reckoned with, and although this is also listed as a YA book, it too is quite simply great literature. both of the books in this series should be taught in our schools. So much good advice about life, and learning that no matter what happens to you beyond your control, how you react to it is solely up to you.

Read these books. If you like real stories about real people, read these books. If you love great literature, read these books. Do yourself a favor and read these books.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment