Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Review: Lengths


Lengths
Lengths by Steph Campbell

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I just plain loved this book start to finish. More an NA than a YA read, time to make a new shelf perhaps. A sexy, touching exploration of two people who are broken in their own different ways, though they do not appear so to most people, who come together and find that in helping another you might just help yourself.

This is one of those books that makes me hate my NO SPOILERS rule. There are a dozen or more scenes I would like to discuss. how they managed from both lead characters points of view to in short passionate, telling scenes say more than dozens of pages other authors mite use for background.

This is the type of reading I love, complex characters who are at turns wise and stupid, good and bad, well rounded believable people that will remind you of people you know. Real world problems that people you know might face. No supernatural nonsense, no magic wand endings where complex problems just evaporate with a kiss.

As an NA book this was a little more overtly sexy than YA, but the sex scenes were both erotic and tasteful as well as mostly believable (Although I will note not all men have freakishly large genitalia, nor is that required for a man to be a good lover. As my father used to tell me, "Any man who relies solely on his penis to make love to a woman is an idiot.")

Go get a copy of this book and sit back and enjoy a great read. Best if you have a lover nearby though because the erotic scenes are really erotic. . . . .



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment