Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Review: The Next Door Boys


The Next Door Boys
The Next Door Boys by Jolene B. Perry

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I mostly enjoyed this book. It was a good story with believable characters you cared about. My biggest problem with it was it was relentlessly religious. Now I know Ms Perry does indeed write religious fiction, but it is not a genre I often read. I like her non-religious books so much I thought I would take a shot with this. Not sure I will read the rest of her Christian fiction. I'm a fairly hardcore atheist, and I find such wearing it on the sleeve relentless preaching both a turn off and somewhat ridiculous. But that is just me. I would think those from a strong religious background, especially if you are Mormon because that is the theology that filled this book, you would love it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment