Friday, August 17, 2012

Review: Slow Twitch


Slow Twitch
Slow Twitch by Liz Reinhardt

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This book surprised me by taking an entirely different direction than I expected, and made me like it all the more for that. It was easily my favorite of the trilogy, but some of that because threads from the previous two became clear.

Brenna Blixen is one of the most interesting characters I have ever read. Their is almost no emotion you can fell, that I did not at some point feel for her. In the end, she became a rounded and interesting person with some obvious faults, and obvious virtues. In short, a real person. I've never disliked a character so much as I disliked her during the middle of the 2nd book, and ended up limning them in the end.

Liz Reinhardt is an interesting writer that draws real and complex characters warts and all. Getting to know them is like getting to know real people, how tou fell about them constantly evolves and changes. Really amazing to read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment