Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Review: Depths


Depths
Depths by Steph Campbell

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



I was very much looking forward to this book as I loved the first LENGTHS and the two authors are among my favorite young writers. It did not disappoint in the least. A charming and wonderful tale of love lost and found. Of family and responsibility. Of trying to find that balance in life between living for others an living for yourself.

The characters were well drawn and those returning from the old book were true to their past. The new people filled out the world that is being built in this series with grace and believability. The story was plausible and you were really pulling for most of the people in this book, or for some of them to fall flat on their faces, preferably very painfully.

That brings me to the erotic parts. Wow. Steamy does not begin to tell the tale. Steph and Liz write wonderful love scenes. Now being a man, I am not 100% sure what most women find erotic in literature, but I have to tell you this book had me all worked up several times. My wife and I were cuddled on the couch each reading separate book son our Kindles and as i came to the first erotic scene in this book, my wife put her Kindle down and asked me, "What are you reading m and when can I read it? You are all worked up." I was indeed, "all worked up," I was breathing deeply and fast, my face was flushed, and I was, also in the words of my wife, "harder than Chinese algebra." I had to put my Kindle down too, and we adjourned into our room. . . . . .



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment