Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Review: Double Play at Short


Double Play at Short
Double Play at Short by Matt Christopher

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I'm having a hard time deciding how to rate this. I'm looking for books for a friend for their young son who is not a big fan of reading but loves sports. I checked this one out. A good story but sometimes the long description, inning by inning of baseball games gets in the way of the narrative. On the other hand I suspect those descriptions will be exactly what draws in the young man in question who is sports obsessed, especially baseball.

Underneath the baseball is a sad story just barely explored, but enough for the age group. One could make a great YA book out of this story-line I would think if you advanced the age of the protagonists a few years.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment