Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Review: Shut Out


Shut Out
Shut Out by Kody Keplinger

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This is my third Kody Keplinger book, and actually the one I thought I would enjoy the most when I first read the blurbs on all of them. Surprisingly I thought it was the weakest of the three she has written so far. That being said I still give it 5 stars because it was still excellent.

As with all her books the scenario is believable, the characters complex and well drawn, and she writes broken people really, really well. This is a little lighter fair than her other two but she still managed to make some really good statements about female empowerment and societies absurd sexual double-standard.

I suppose if I had not been such a fan of the old Greek play-writes I'd not have figured out where it was going as fast as I did, still a great read.

The biggest thing I hated though was as I was finishing I suddenly realized I had now read all her books and will have to wait to get another one. Makes me want to go buy the author a lot of coffee to spur her to write faster. LOL



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment