Thursday, April 18, 2013

Review: Unmaking Hunter Kennedy


Unmaking Hunter Kennedy
Unmaking Hunter Kennedy by Anne Eliot

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This book surprised me. I had loved Anne Eliot's ALMOST, and thought this look a lot less substantial when I read the blurb for it. I was feeling like something a little lighter, so I thought I'd read this. HA! There was so much more to this book than I thought at first blush. Ms Eliot writes broken people beautifully, and realistically. The main two protagonists both come across as very real, but both have serious issues to work out for themselves. You feel yourself really pulling for them.

There is so much I want to say, but my no spoilers rule applies, read this book. Lastly, Vere has entered my list of book girlfriends I will never forget.

PS Anne Eliot is now on my must buy list. She puts out a book and I will buy it not knowing anything else about it. Both her books have been impossible to put down, and remain in your soul.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment