Thursday, April 11, 2013

Review: What I've Done


What I've Done
What I've Done by Jen Naumann

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



This was a gripping hard to put down read until about 60% of the way through when it went completely off the rails into the abyss of paranormal nonsense. Honestly had I known this was a paranormal book I would not have bothered with it, noting in the blurb made me think so.

It was not even that well done, the whole Dark vs Light angel thing was never explained in any way, we are told repeatedly that being a dark angel didn't mean you were evil, but of course the dark angel was evil, and when the evil was exposed the explanation was it was because he was a dark angel, even though we had repeatedly been told that didn't matter. What a waste.

Such a great set-up, and such a compelling story to start with, to see it wasted and ruined was sad to me. It gets an extra star for the great set-up to save it from my 1 star drek shelf.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment