Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Review: Chancellorsville And Gettysburg


Chancellorsville And Gettysburg
Chancellorsville And Gettysburg by Abner Doubleday

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



this book surprised me. I have read many books written by participants in the Civil War, from privates to the leaders of each side. This is the first one I have read by Doubleday, and I was surprised by its style.

Most writers from that era, even uneducated privates wrote in very flowery language, more artful than we would today. Doubleday writes in a very modern, factual style. Surprisingly modern. It makes me want to find more of his work.

Details I did not know of each battle were well documents, and those parts I knew, I now know much more intimidatingly. this was interesting, and informative and I recommend it for all interested in the Civil War.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment