Monday, June 11, 2012

Review: Grounding Quinn


Grounding Quinn
Grounding Quinn by Stephanie Campbell

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



A poignant and powerful book about the relationship between two people in many ways opposite. One form the mythical perfect family who always does what is right, and the other from a hot mess of dysfunctional family who cannot even follow the rules, such as they are, it has.

I found this book very moving, and the lead female character reminded me in a lot of ways of my first love. I'm not ashamed to admit that tears were running down my face several times during this book. It brought back some of the hardest, saddest, most crushing moments of my life, also the most passionate and exciting, as if they had happened just yesterday and not 40 years ago. The power and the passion in this book were utterly authentic, completely believable and hit you like a speeding bus.

I give it my highest recommendation. I'll be looking for more works by this author first thing in the morning.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment