Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Review: Lost in the River of Grass


Lost in the River of Grass
Lost in the River of Grass by Ginny Rorby

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



This was a gripping and powerful book. As a person who spent a lot of their time in my youth out in the wild it especially spoke to me. Though I have never been lost an an environment as challenging and dangerous as the everglades, after reading this book I almost feel I had. Ms Rorby made the place seem so real you could almost smell it as you read. At times i found myself scratching in sympathy to the bug-bites and cuts being described. I highly recommend this book, it was an adventure in both overcoming danger, and self-growth. It also had some wonderful lessons about taking people for who they are, not where they are from or what they look like. I don't care if you are 12 or 50, this is a great book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment