Sunday, June 24, 2012

Review: My Heart for Yours


My Heart for Yours
My Heart for Yours by Jolene B. Perry

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This was a well written story, a first for me in YA, a collaboration. Each other wrote as the voice of a different character. It lent a realism to the two major characters. The story itself is somewhat painful, gritty, and overwhelmingly sad. It takes you to some of the darker places in your library of memories. Though it ends on somewhat of a hopeful note, it wasn't one of those where zip zap zowie in the final 5 pages everything becomes perfect, which is what made it feel so real. I enjoyed it a very great deal, but at the end of the day, I was still sad. Likely some people would not like this, but for me it was a welcome change from a diet of steady happy. LOL



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment