Saturday, June 2, 2012

Review: Sweetness


Sweetness
Sweetness by Lindsay Paige

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



An impressive first effort by a young author. Also the first book I have picked up solely on what I have read from friends on Goodreads. It bodes well for what I will find in the future.

Ms. Paige has written a beautiful love story about two people who have more going on inside than people see at first glance. I do not want to spoil things for the reader so I will not go into specifics but it is wonderful to see the effect finding someone you can talk to has on a person.

This is the first book in a series, and as such it does not completely tie up anything. It reads as a first chapter in some ways. You get to know the people involved and you start to care. This book is about finding someone, and it will come in other books to see if once found you can keep each other.

While this book is not as polished as a work by say Sarah Dessen or Sarah Ockler this author is much younger than either and a lot newer to the craft. I'll be following Ms. Paige in the future because I see someone who has the potential to become a master of the young adult genre.

I guess the best way to sum it up was as soon as I finished SWEETNESS, and it was compelling enough that I read it in one sitting, without turning my Kindle off I bought I'M YOURS, the next book in the series. I enjoyed the book, and wanted more. I suspect if you read it, so will you.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment