Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Review: Take Me There


Take Me There
Take Me There by Susane Colasanti

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



My third Colasanti book. I wish you could do half stars because I would give this one 3.5. I thought it had more depth than SOMETHING LIKE FATE, but was not quite as good as KEEP HOLDING ON. Ms. Colasanti is an excellent story-teller, and her teen and young characters are well drawn and believable. What sets her down a step for me from authors like Sarah Dessen, and Sarah Ockler are the fact all her adult characters seem to be little more than cardboard cutouts. The neglectful mom, the hot teacher, the inept principle. All out of central casting and all lacking any depth or believable lives. If she could flesh out her adults like she does her kids, she's step up a notch.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment